Central Organisation, ECHS
Adjutant General’s Branch
Ministry of Defence (Army)
Thimayya Marg, Near Gopinath
Circle, Delhi Cantt-110010
28 Apr 2020
(All Regional Centres)
REIMBURSEMENT OF MEDICINES : SPECIAL SANCTION IN VIEW OF COVID-19
1. Refer to this HQ letter No B/49761/AG/ECHS dated 24 Apr 2020.
2. The provision to purchase medicines and claim reimbursement by ECHS beneficiaries is extended upto 31 May 2020. A number of queries have been raised by Fmns and beneficiaries wrt its applicability and interpretation of the provisions.
3. It must be appreciated that these provisions were made with a principal purpose of ensuring minimum footfall at the ECHS Polyclinics, as also to facilitate beneficiaries during the lock down period.
4. The date of upto 31 May 2020 indicate that the beneficiary may purchase medicines under this provision on any day before or on 31 May 2020, as per the due date of his prescription. The medicines may be purchased as per prescription for a period of 30 days.
5. This will also ensure that, the due date of medicine for beneficiaries in Jun 2020 will also get staggered and result in minimum footfall and social distancing.
6. It is further clarified that ECHS beneficiaries may submit their consolidated claims a for the entire period after 15 Jun 2020. Detailed instructions will be issued for submission. Feasibility of submission of bills online is being examined.
7. All ECHS beneficiaries may be advised accordingly.
(Anupam N Adhaulia)
for MD ECHS