Government of India
Ministry of Defence (Finance)
O/o THE PRINCIPAL CONTROLLER OF DEFENCE ACCOUNTS (PENSIONS)
DRAUPADI GHAT, ALLAHABAD – 211014
Circular No. 629
Records/ PAOs (ORs)
Subject :- Payment of enhanced rate of OFP in respect of JCO/ORs for a period of 7 years or till the Armed Force Personnel would attain the age of 67 years whichever is earlier irrespective of the fact that individual has availed the extended period of service before release/discharge or not – reg.
Reference is invited to the GoI, MoD letter No. F. 14(3)/98/D(AG) dated 03.09.1998 under which revised age of retirement was extended for 2 years with effect from 30.05.1998. Accordingly applicability of enhanced rate of ordinary family pension was enhanced from 65 to 67 years age of service pensioner or 7 years after retirement whichever was earlier to the Armed Force Personnel, who have qualified in screening board and got extension of 2 years in service. Personnel who had not get extension due to this in their case, old provision was applicable and enhance rate of ordinary family pension was applicable upto 65 years of age of service pensioner or 7 years of service whichever was earlier.
2. Various pensioners association has represented that the orders of enhanced rate of Ordinary Family Pension are required modification (for grant of enhance rate of family pension upto 67 years instead of 65 years in non extension cases also) on the issue as GoI, MoD letter No. 6(1)/99/D(Pen/Sers) dated 18.03.1999 does not debar the benefit enhanced rate of ordinary family pension for those cases where extended term of engagement have not been granted by Screening Committee or were not availed for any other reason.
3. Now, the issue has been examined at appropriate level and it has been decided vide MoD ID No. 2338/D(Pen/Pol)/2015 dated 11.11.2019 that provision of enhanced rate of Ordinary Family pension, irrespective of retirement age and type of retirement, already exists and no separate Govt. orders are required.
In terms of clarification received from MoD it is stated that Armed forces personnel, who have not given extension are also eligible for enhanced rate of ordinary family pension for 7 years or upto 67 years whichever is earlier.
4. In view of the above, it is requested that the future cases/claims may be dealt accordingly. In respect of past cases covered under this provision will be dealt by PDA for payment of arrears in affected cases.
5. This circular has been uploaded on this office website www.pcdapension.nic.in.
6. Hindi version will follow.
(Sushil Kumar Singh)
Ministry of Defence
Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare
Room No. 222, B-Wingh, Sena Bhawan, New Delhi
Subject: Payment of enhanced rate of Ordinary Family Pension to the families of JCOs/ORs for a period of 7 years or till the Armed Forces Personnel would attain the age of 67 years whichever is earlier irrespective of the fact that individual has availed the extended period of service before release/discharge or not – reg.
Reference CGDA UO No. 5608/AT-P/FP/Vol.XXXIX dated 11.09.2019 on the above mentioned subject wherein it has been opined that provision of enhanced rate of OFP irrespective of retirement age and type of retirement already exists and no separate Govt. orders are required. CGDA have further requested that, if MoD agrees, PCDA(P), Allahabad may be instructed to issue clarificatory circular for information and guidance of ROs/PDAs.
2. This Ministry is agreed with the view of CGDA. It is, therefore, requested that a clarificatory circular may be issued in the matter under intimation to this Ministry.
3. This issues with the approval of Joint Secretary (ESW).
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
Jt. CGDA (P),
O/o CGDA, Ulan Batar Road, Palam, Delhi Cantt.
MoD ID No. 2338/D(Pen/Pol)/2015 dated 11.11.2019