On the occasion of the nationwide mega million launch of Electors Verification Programme, a special camp was held at Election Commission of India Headquarters in New Delhi on September 1, 2019. Unveiling the initiative on National Voters’ Service Portal (https://www.nvsp.in/) and Voter Helpline App, Chief Election Commissioner ShriSunil Arora said, ‘Electoral Roll is the foundation on which the entire superstructure of the Election Commission of India stands. I urge all the citizens to participate in the verification programmes so that the Commission can provide better electoral services in all forthcoming elections.’
Reiterating the importance of a healthy electoral roll, Election Commissioner Shri Ashok Lavasa said, ‘It is an important opportunity for all the voters to verify and authenticate their details. Participation of people is paramount to the success of the drive, I urge all to come forward and ensure anerror free Electoral Roll as it is the heart of the electoral process.
The main aim of the programme is to improve the health of Electoral rolls and to provide better electoral services to citizens and increase the level of Communication between voters and the Commission. The program has been launched at all Levels starting from the State/UT Headquarters by 32 CEOs, District level by about 700 DEOs and at around 1 million Polling Stations by BLOs/EROs and will continue fromSeptember 1, 2019 to October 15, 2019.
The voters can log on to NVSP portal (nvsp.in) or Voter Helpline App or Common Service Centres or any nearby voter facilitation centre to avail the following facilities.
- Verification and corrections of the existing details
- Authentication of entry by furnishing scanned/DigiLocker copy of one of the following documents:(i) Indian Passport (ii) Driving License (iii) Aadhaar Card (iv) Ration Card (v) identity card for Government/Semi Government Officials (vi) Bank Passbooks (vii) Farmer’s Identity Card (viii) PAN Card (ix) Smart Card issued by RGI (x) Latest bill for water/electricity/telephone/gas connection.
- Furnishing details of family members and verifying their entries too
- Updating details of family members already enrolled as voters but permanently shifted or expired
- Furnishing details of eligible un-enrolled family members (born on or before 01.01.2001) and prospective electors born between (02.01.2002 till 01.01.2003) who are residing with the elector.
- Furnishing GIS Coordinates of House (through Mobile App) to avail better electoral Services
- Feedback regarding existing Polling Stations and suggestions on alternate PS, if any
The one time authentication of details and sharing contact detail would help electors to get update on online application status, status of EPIC, Election Day announcement, voter slip on their registered email and mobile number. Regular notification on modifications on Serial No. and details of Polling Station, Change in BLO/ ERO, all information related to Polling Station will also be shared with the Electors.
Starting the endeavour at its helm, the employees of the Commission verified and authenticated their details along with their family.