Controller General of Defence Accounts
Ulan Batar Road, Palam, Delhi Cantt – 110010
All PAR Managers/ Custodians (SPARROW- IDAS)
All IDAS officers
(Through CGDA’s website)
Subject : Completion of APARs in “SPARROW”.
In the recent times, it is observed that the APARs are not completed by the officers as per the laid down DoPT timelines. APARs in respect of few IDAS officers for the FY 2018-19 have been closed by the system -“Pending with Officer Reported upon for self appraisal” stage. This has been viewed seriously by the competent authority.
2. In this regard it is stated that the PAR managers are responsible to send alert message to the officer reported upon (preferably a week before the prescribed timeline for submitting self appraisal). On failure of an officer to submit self-appraisal as per DoPT timelines to the Reporting Officer, the PAR Manager shall “Force Forward” the same to the Reporting Officer without self appraisal.
3. The Reporting officers should also keep a watch on the movement of APARs of officers working under them and ensure that the APARs are written timely. In case, the self appraisal is not submitted timely, then the force forwarded APAR without self appraisal shall be written by the Reporting officer.
4. The Reporting/Reviewing/Accepting officers are also requested to complete the APARs as per DoPT timelines in future. The online recording of APARs on SPARROW system close on 3151 December after which it will not be possible to take any action on the APARs.
5. APARs of officers posted on deputation to various Ministries/Departments (other than those posted in Ministry of Defence , UPSC and OFB) are generated centrally in this HQrs office. These officers are request ed to provide the details as mentioned in the table below latest by first week of the next financial year so that the APARs could be initiated timely. Officers posted in Ministry of Defence, UPSC and OFB may forward the details to concerned PAR Managers of MoD, UPSC and PCA (Fys) Kolkata respectively.
|Period of report||Service, Cadre and Designation||Leave||Training details during the period||Pay Details|
|Reporting Officer||Reviewing Officer||Accepting officer||Nature of leave||From||To||Subject||Institute||From||To||Level||Basic Pay|
6. Officers posted on deputation/IPA/Ordinance factories setup, where officers of other services/Ministers/Executive authorities are involved are requested to track the movement of their APARs using the tracking activity on SPARROW and if necessary request their Reporting/Reviewing/Accepting officers for timely completion of their APARs.
Sr. Jt. CGDA (Admin)